TOPICS of IConBM2024
The Conference technical program is structured one session,
which will be held over three days.
The Conference topics will be treated in invited plenary lectures, selected lecture presentations and poster sessions.
Posters will stay on for the whole Conference promoting Author presentation and spontaneous discussion.
The major aim of IConBM2024 is to review the latest development, needs and issues on the thematic areas covered in general by emerging references of Chemical Engineering Science.
Topic I - BIOMASS RESOURCES
- Residue from agriculture and harvesting
- Algae cultivation and supply chain
- Biomasses from dedicated bioenergy crops
- Agricultural global planning and intensification
- Innovative use of municipal and industrial wastes
Topic II - BIOFUELS PRODUCTION PROCESSES
- Technologies for feedstock supply: chipping, pelletising, briquetting
- Production of solid biofules and feedstock characterization
- Biodiesel, jet fuels production from oil-based fuels and chemicals from Syngas
- Innovative processes from waste
Topic III - BIOMASS CONVERSION FOR BIOENERGY AND BIO-BASED PRODUCTS
- Solid biofuel Combustion at different scales of application
- Bioliquids combustion for small and medium scale applications (maritime/avio renewable fuels etc.)
- Biofuel kinetics and pollutant formation
- Anaerobic digestion for biogas and biomethane production
- Gasification for Syngas production and Power
- Biomass conversion to intermediate bioenergy carriers, sustainable biofuels and bio-based products:
"Torrefaction, Carbonisation, Pyrolysis and Char production"
"Lignocellulosic ethanol, biomass fermentation"
"Biobased chemicals and materials"
Topic IV - SUSTAINABLE BIOMASS PRODUCTION AND UTILIZATION: IMPACTS AND POLICIES
- Environmental impacts
- Climate impacts and GHG performances
- Life cycle assessment and carbon footprint
- Circular bioeconomy and cascading use of biomass
- Support programmes and strategic goals
Topic V - BIOENERGY INTEGRATION INTO ENERGY SYSTEMS
- Energy Storage System
- Wind Energy and Photovoltaic Energy
- Engines and Fuel Cells
- Alternative renewable fuels and hydrogen