2nd International Conference on
Safety & Environment in Process Industry
will stay on for the whole Conference promoting author presentation and spontaneous
In addition authors may have a short oral presentation (5 minutes; maximum 3 slides) to be held during the poster session presentation, foreseen on Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 from 17:40 to 18:40 and according to the program schedule
is sticked on the supporting panel by tapes.
Posters size should not exceed:
WIDTH = 80 cm (or 4 A4 sheet width )
HEIGHT= 120 cm (or 4 A4 sheet height)
Posters panels are identified by a number which is the same assigned in the
Technical Program, as follows:
MT \ P \ 5
reads as: Days \ poster presentation \ panel number 5
can be sticked on Sunday afternoon, from 17.00
Poster should be recovered by Authors not later than Wednesday morning, by 13.00
We are a little bit reluctant in giving too detailed instructions for preparing poster presentations, because we do not want to suppress any kind of creativity of the authors. Nevertheless, we think that some guidelines, recommendations and advises may help some of you in preparing a poster of a higher quality.
The lay-out of the poster
The contents of the poster might be subdivided as follows:
Header - Give title of poster, authors, affiliation, addresses (idea: put your photograph in the header)
Problem definition & objectives - Make clear which problem you have studied and the aims of your work.Refer briefly to previous work. Give the perspectives if you really attain the set objectives.
Strategy, methods, theory - Indicate HOW you have tried to solve the set problem: general strategy, experimental methods, theoretical aspects, ....Emphasise novel theoretical and experimental approaches.
Results - Present your findings to justify the conclusions e.g. via tables and graphs. Do not overload tables and graphs with data.
Conclusions - Draw conclusions about what you have learned from your work. Indicate the significance of the conclusion(s).
References - Give maximum 4 key references to position your work.
Acknowledgements - Should be mentioned if any.
- each section in the poster
should be clearly marked with a title.
- all tables and graphs should have a caption and the axes of graphs must be clearly labelled.
- use a minimum letter height of 8 mm and a minimum "line thickness of approx. 1 mm (text must be readable from a distance of 3 metres); In MS Office a letter height of 1 mm corresponds with a font size of 6 pt. Thus the minimum font size is 48 pt. A line thickness of 1mm in MS Office is 3pt.
- avoid typescript unless substantially photographically enlarged.
- the amount of text is limited, so choose your words carefully.
- use colours for emphasis and distinction.
- in a table, try to restrict yourself to 4 columns with not more than four listings per column
-graphs should show a maximum of 3 curves